She's known to millions around the world as the "Angel of Australia" - the name given to her by the famous Dutch violinist, André Rieu.
Mirusia is an Australian born Soprano with Dutch heritage. With 14 years of extensive international touring and successful concerts under her belt, Mirusia is one of the most sought after sopranos in the world. Her albums always place highly on the ARIA Album and DVD chart rankings, with numerous albums and DVDs reaching the number one position on the Pop, Classical Crossover, Jazz & Blues and Music DVD Charts in Australia. Her 2019 album "A Salute to The Seekers" debuted at the #1 position on the ARIA Jazz & Blues Chart.
Graeme Press (Mirusia’s Music Director) about Mirusia: “Her voice is true and pure over her entire range, register and repertoire. Her performances are consistently flawless; being both alluring and charming … and the audience never fails to leave a concert feeling entertained and enriched - A delightful person on and off the stage and worthy of the acclaim and recognition that she receives.”
Mirusia studied opera at Griffith University's Queensland Conservatorium in Australia and at the age of 21 was announced as the youngest ever recipient of the prestigious Dame Joan Sutherland Opera Award. After graduation, her career blossomed when she toured the world as star soprano with André Rieu and the Johann Strauss Orchestra for over 10 years. The stadium-size concerts have forwarded Mirusia the most wonderful opportunities of singing before country leaders, royalty and millions of fans and all have marvelled at the clarity, dexterity and the exquisite sound of her voice.
Mirusia still tours with André Rieu, but also has a flourishing solo career. She currently resides in Brisbane, Australia with her husband Youri and daughter Sascha. When not touring she invests in the lives of other young, talented up and coming Australian singers; mentoring and producing recordings. Mirusia is also the International Ambassador for the Australian Children's Music Foundation and she is also a proud Ambassador of the Redland Foundation.
She has touched the hearts of many audiences. Her performances have been declared; “heart-warming, personal and they leave you no choice but to love Mirusia.”
André Rieu about Mirusia: “I’m proud to have been there from the start and to see her career take off. After having worked with this incredibly talented young lady I can only wish her all the best in her solo career.“
• Full name: Mirusia Louwerse
• Birthday: 29th of March
• Australian-Dutch nationality
• Speaks English and Dutch fluently, and a little German
• Released 7 solo albums
• Studied at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music under Gregory Massingham
• Only classical artist with a ARIA No. 1 Chart Award for charting at Number One on the ARIA Classical and Pop Charts
• International Ambassador of the 'Australian Children's Music Foundation' and the Redland Foundation
• Youngest winner of the Joan Sutherland Opera Award
• Title latest album: Christmas Memories
• Title latest single: I'll Never Find Another You
• Named “The Unconventional Pop Star” by Australian media
• Named “The Angel of Australia” by André Rieu