Mirusia is an Australian-Dutch soprano and has gained worldwide fame as soloist with Andre Rieu. She studied opera at the Queensland Conservatorium in Australia and at the age of 21, Mirusia was announced as the youngest winner ever of the prestigious Dame Joan Sutherland Opera Award. After this prestigious win she has gone on to win many more awards and break many records with Andre Rieu and as a solo artist.
Mirusia was born in Australia to Dutch parents. After graduating from the Queensland Conservatorium, her career panned out like a fairy tale. Her Dutch aunt wrote an email to André Rieu to introduce him to Mirusia. After watching and listening to some clips on Mirusia’s website, Rieu called her right away at home in Australia. At first Mirusia thought it was a joke from a friend, but then after a few moments she realized the man on the other end of the line was really the Andre Rieu. Two days after this first phone call Mirusia auditioned for Rieu in Maastricht in The Netherlands. It was a success, as she returned to Australia with a contract in hand.
The blonde soprano moved to Maastricht, The Netherlands, where she was welcomed with open arms and since 2007 she has been touring all over the world as the star soprano of Andre Rieu and solo, enchanting millions of people with her voice.
Ready to start a new chapter in her life, Mirusia returned to her home country Australia in 2012, and recorded an album called “Home”. A sold out tour was what followed and she performed in many venues around Australia including the famous Sydney Opera House. After her many successes in her home country, Mirusia decided to spread her wings and tour to other countries. Mirusia has now toured internationally and enjoys performing with her orchestra and Musical Director Graeme Press. Her latest album is "From the Heart" - a selection of songs that Mirusia sings straight from her heart.
Andre Rieu about Mirusia: “I’m proud to have been there from the start and to see her career take off. After having worked with this incredibly talented young lady for five years I can only wish her all the best in her solo career.“
• Full name: Mirusia Louwerse
• Birthday: 29th of March
• Speaks English and Dutch fluently, and a little German
• Released six solo albums
• Studied at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music under Gregory Massingham
• Her version of Schubert's “Ave Maria” has over 27 million views on YouTube
• Only classical artist with a ARIA No. 1 Chart Award for charting at Number One on the ARIA Classical and Pop Charts
• International Ambassador of the 'Australian Children's Music Foundation' and the Redland Foundation
• Youngest winner of the Joan Sutherland Opera Award
• Title latest album: From the Heart
• Named “The Unconventional Pop Star” by Australian media
• Named “The Angel of Australia” by André Rieu